Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Enjoy the jJourney. . .

It has been a few weeks since I last posted to my blog. . . they have been busy, busy, busy. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary the last part of August by taking some time off from our regular hectic schedules and spent time focusing on one another. It was WONDERFUL.
We spent some time in Cedar City and St. George. We spent time “dreaming” at a “Midsummer Night’s Dream”; under the sea with the “Little Mermaid” and finally relived the romance of our “Summer Nights” at “Grease”. It was fun and each play was totally enjoyable. If you have been to any, consider going to one before the summer is over.
While traveling, I tried to watch what I ate and it was easier after the discussions in our nutrition classes with Mindy. I was much more focused on HEALTHY vs. UNHEALTHY. I gained only 1 pound while on vacation.
The weight loss remains slow to come off--my clothes fit much better and there are a few more inches in them now. My balance, strength and stamina have improved with each workout.  Jocelyn, my trainer--who, by the way, is totally AWESOME, was even on vacation and I worked hard while she was gone!
 My determination to continue working is set and I am hoping that by the end of the challenge the weight loss has improved too. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Life is a journey, not a destination." So it is with this program—I am enjoying the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment